- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Aluminum Free Baking Powder - You can use regular baking powder, but aluminum free makes much better biscuits
- 1 tablespoon White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Oils - We've been using peanut oil for a savory pop. We've also had success with Olive and Avocado oils
- 2/3 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon UnSalted Butter
Preheat and prep
- Preheat oven to 475F
- Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt).
- Put oil in measuring cup, add milk. Do not stir.
- Add milk+oil to dry ingredients
- Mix lightly to moisten ingredients, then kneed one or two times to form a ball. If using a stand mixer, use dough hook.
Prep biscuit shapes
- If you're making drop biscuits, separate the dough into 6 equal sizes and roll into balls. If you're making perfectly splittable biscuits, roll dough flat with roller until about 1/2 inch thick. Melt butter and spread evenly on dough. Fold dough sheet in half, then roll out again lightly. Use a large cup or mason jar to cut biscuit shapes
- Melt butter and glaze tops of dough evenly.
Bake and finish
- Bake on ungreased pan at 475F for 10-12 minutes until bottoms are lightly brown. (line pan with parchment paper for easy clean up)
- Use any leftover butter to glaze biscuits tops again.